Pharmaceutical companies must ensure that their products are safe and reliable for consumers to use. The National Measurement Institute's (NMI) pharmaceutical analysis services help Australian manufacturers meet regulatory and quality requirements.
Our state-of-the-art laboratories capable of measuring low-level active ingredients and impurities in a wide range of pharmaceuticals and complementary medicines.
As Australia’s peak measurement body, we:
- offer a comprehensive range of professional, impartial, high quality measurement services, including specialised and crisis response testing
- are a trusted service provider to government, industry and academia, supporting major strategic programs and industry-led research
- partner with leading organisations locally and internationally
- have a strong commitment to delivering measurement that is meaningful, impactful and at the forefront of measurement science
Our certifications and accreditations
Our laboratories hold a range of certifications and accreditations including:
We have a strong commitment to quality. See our Quality policy [PDF 156KB].
NMI is leading metrology in many important areas, from food allergens to micro-plastics in water. We apply our range of specialist capabilities and novel technologies to our services.
Our testing services
We help identify active ingredients, excipients and impurities as these components are critical for:
- the stability and efficacy of medicines
- the safety of patients and consumers
We test for:
- active ingredients and excipients, specialising in low-level metals
- ubiquitous metal contaminants (e.g. zinc, aluminium)
- impurities, including pesticides, aflatoxins and other organic residues
- raw materials and finished products (tablets, powders, oils and solutions)
Our range of specialist testing capabilities includes:
- medicinal S8/9 cannabis
- product specific validation
We work with clients to provide solutions to problems in chemical analysis. Our work depends on our specialised metrology facilities that are unique in Australia.
We deliver training for:
See training and assessment to find out more.
Our standard turnaround time is 5 days.
Request a quote or discuss your requirements
Contact us for a quote or to discuss how we can tailor our services to meet your requirements.
Submitting your samples
- Before submitting your sample, contact us first to discuss your requirements and receive a quote.
- Read our terms and conditions.
- Once you’ve received your formal quote, complete the sample submission form.
- Deliver your samples together with your completed form in business hours (delivery address located on the form).
We reserve the right to refuse to conduct any test where we, in our absolute discretion, determine that such testing may pose a safety or health hazard.
- you must cover delivery costs
- we don’t accept responsibility for a sample’s safety or integrity until we’ve received it
Connect with us